What causes high microalbumin level in urine?

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Kidney Conditions
Question: is there anythng to worry about?? i have normal creatinine levels along with so much high microalbumin..is it posibl? can mivroalbumin be reduced?
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
High Microalbumin

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You have a history of PCOS and notice a high microalbumin on your urine tests. This could be related to your PCOS. In PCOS you are at higher risk of diabetes and with that a higher risk of kidney disease. I would recommend that you see your medical provider and be evaluated for diabetes. If you do have early diabetes then you will need to start diabetes medications and due to the microalbumin started on an ACE inhibitor which helps prevent further kidney damage. Usually with starting an ACE inhibitor your microalbumin improves and therefore reduces your risk for further kidney damage.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions