What causes high fever along with rashes all over the body?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I had a high fever for a week with a rash all over my body. I was given a Zpap to which i finished last MOnday although upon visiting the doctor, my temperature began to come back. They gave me a shot of Steroids in my keister, gave me amoxicillin to which i finished yesterday. I have no fever anymore, but my rash has not gone away, and has stayed the same, and my ankles are kangles (swollen).... HELP!!!
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wait and see

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Fever with rash has hundreds of possibilities. Now that fever has subsided, Rash will follow to subside too , It may take a week or two so hang in there. They have injected steroids as well so it will help in fastening the recovery. Nothing more needs to be done from your end. Just wait and see. However this swollen ankle should be evaluated for the possible cause. As it could be dependant edema or related to blood vasculature issues like kidney insults or heart problems. Will need some work up to reach the cause of swelling in the ankles. It could be merely due to high weight if you have weight issues.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan