What causes high body temperature at night?
Need some more information sir, please do respond, thank you
Hello sir and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. I would like to first ask a few questions to better understand your condition and cause if you don't mind sir:
+Do you have any additional symptoms like frequent urination, increased thirst and appetite anytime through the day or specifically around night time?
+When the sweating occurs at night, how long before had you taken your last meal and was it in sufficient quantities?
+Was the room temperature comfortable?
+Did you also have any additional symptoms like a headache, or dizziness, etc.?
+Are you on any other medications other than naproxen?
+Medical history consisting of any underlying conditions like diabetes, hypertension, etc.?
I look forward to hearing from you to help you further.
Best wishes sir.
I have a few suggestions, try them and get back to me
Hello sir and welcome.
Thank you so much for your response.
Based on the provided information I have 2 suggestions:
1. Try to have a fruit (e.g. orange) or a glass of juice (fruit juice) with some amount of sugar, about 30 minutes prior to bedtime (whatever that time may be). And notice if your sweat spells reduce
2. Could you get your blood sugar tested somehow during the sweat spells at night?
Also, you did not answer my question about the temperature in the room being favorable and not too hot. I am assuming it is normal and favorable which is why you did not reply to that question.
About your weight issues, the current scheme mentioned by you interprets to a low metabolism. I would recommend the following:
1. Eat 5-6 smaller meals instead of 2-3 larger ones
2. Drink plenty of water
3. Try to exercise at least twice a day (15 minutes each time)
4. Do not be idle or lazy, try to move around and be as active as possible
5. Avoid calorific food
6. Do not leave large gaps between meals
7. Sleep at a fixed time everyday
I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please do keep in touch with me and keep me updated on whether the suggestion worked or not. Because if at all it doesn't then I will have to put forward other recommendations and possible diagnosis.
Best wishes. :)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diabetes high body temperature
- High body temperature at night only
- High body temperature and vomiting
- Relief for high body temperatures at night during pregnancy
- What does a high body temperature cause
- High body temperature at night
- High body temperature at night cause
- Does hiv cause high body temperature
- Causes for constant high body temperature
- What causes constant high body temperature