What causes high TSH level in pregnancy?
please upload report
Thanks for writing to healthcare magic.
The thyroid hormone is very important in pregnancy for baby growth.
As baby grows the thyroid demand on body increases, so if the body doesn't secrete enough hormone then your baby will be deprived of the same.
So all pregnancy patients should do this test.
Ideally in pregnancy complete thyroid profile with free T3 ,freeT4, and TSH is done. It is difficult to comment only on basis of one report. Looking at the value you have mentioned you may be having excess of hormone. But we cannot diagnose only on basis of one report. I recommend that you do the complete profile in a reputed lab and please upload the reports.
Please write back for more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes elevated tsh level during pregnancy
- High tsh level and pregnancy
- What causes high tsh levels precautions
- High tsh level causes
- What causes high tsh level
- Can tsh levels cause high sugar levels
- What causes fluctuation in tsh levels
- What causes high tsh level of 130
- What causes high tsh levels in body
- Low tsh levels causes