What causes heart palpitations, violent shaking and excessive sweating while on HGH treatment?

Dr. Elona Xhardo

Endocrinologist

Posted on Wed, 19 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: yes i am a body builder and was taking genotroup 12 mg growth hormone i thought i was taking 6iu a day but i was taking 6 units a day i took a shot in the stomic 2 units and i felt my hole body get shaky and sweat and my heart started to race and a little dizzy not sure what happined but it got me scared so i stoped it now realizing my over dose some but after 4 days i took it again 1iu and i felt the same feeling is this anixity?
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes,it can be anxiety.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have gone through your question.

Human growth hormone or HGH therapy is when you are treated with actual growth hormones in the form of HGH injections.

Though not a miracle drug, GH can work well for bodybuilders as shown in those who use it at optimal dosages.

Overdosing of actual human growth hormone injections are quite possible and adverse side effects will eventually follow such overdose situation.

Excess GH, as occurs in those with Acromegaly, ultimately leads to an overgrowth of tissues and problems such insulin resistance and muscle weakness.
If your symptoms appear after you used more Genotrop dosis than usual, i can deduct than these symptoms can be related to this injections.

The best dose would be a total six to eight IU a day divided into two doses and having those five to seven hours apart. For example, a dose (either three or four IU) can be taken post training with another three to four IU dose before bed or during the night sleeping period.

Anyway i suggets stop for the moment taking yor GH injections.
If you really want to continue this hormone injections my advice is to talk with your physician for the right dosis for you.

Hope this is helpful.
If you have other doubts,feel free and ask.
Best regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad