question-icon

What causes hearing of pulsating sensations in ear?

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016
Question: I can "hear' my heartbeat (pulse) in my left ear. It comes and goes, gets stronger and weaker.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (14 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
That’s entirely normal!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this concern regarding your heart beat. There is a superficial artery at this level and should you listen carefully each time, you can always tell that there is a subtle heartbeat there. There is no reason to be concerned about this. The less attention you pay to this, the less and less you would be able to “hear” this heartbeat. Please, stay calm and do not be unnecessarily alarmed about this.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Dr. Ivo Ditah