What causes headaches, ear pain and pulsating sensation in the head?

Dr. Geeta Sundar

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have been having painful headaches on the right side of my head that leave with an ear discomfort. Tonight I felt a palpitation in my head on the opposite side. No nausea, or any other symptoms. The palpitations lasted a few seconds. Also I just started taking naproxen for them.

Also I had a urine culture that indicated a strain of strep but have been on an antibiotic for five days and just finished it.
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
symptoms can all be due to the same bacteria that caused urine infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX welcome to Health care magic,

the headache, pain in ears, 'palpitations' in head can all be due to the same infection that also caused your urine infection.

I will advise you to take simple paracetamol/Tylenol with Omeprazole twice a day(even without nausea or apparent stomach symptoms there could be acidity due to the antibiotic course).

You can take Naproxen single dose, only if the headache is very severe and not responding to Tylenol.
I think you will settle down in a couple of days.
You can revert back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng