What causes headache, abdominal pain and nausea after having Clarithromycin?
You may try Augmentin
Thank you for posting your query.
Since you are having adverse effects due to Clarithromycin, even at lower dose; it may be better to stop it. The alternative antibiotic effective for sinusitis is Augmentin (combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulinic acid).
I hope it helps.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
There are differences.
Thank you for getting back.
The family of amoxycillin is amonopenicillin, but there are differences in mode of action, as well as side effects. So, you may not be allergic to this.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes abdominal pain with bloating and nausea
- What causes abdominal pain and nausea after eating solid food
- What causes abdominal pain with indegestion and headaches
- What causes nausea and diarrhea with abdominal pain
- What causes abdominal pain nausea and headache
- Headache nausea abdominal pain
- What is the cause of severe abdominal pain and nausea
- What causes nausea and abdominal pain
- What causes abdominal pain nausea and loss of weight
- What causes abdominal pain nausea and vomiting