What does my urine test report indicate?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Thu, 11 Jan 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi, My wife is 7 weeks pregnant.
We have got urine test results and few parameters are not matching to what it should be:
1. Leucocyte Esterase - Positive (Should be Negative)
2. PUS Cells - 20-40 WBC/HPF (Should be 0-5 WBC/HPF)
3. Crystals - Triple Phosphate (Should be Nil)
Also for Vitamin D she has got 20 (Should be 75 - 250).
Please suggest.
Thanks
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
UTI - needs to be treated with antibiotic.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I have gone through the mentioned report. It clearly indicates an urinary tract infection. She needs to drink plenty of water. In such a case it is also important to treat with appropriate antibiotics. Amoxycillin or Keflex (cephalexin) are antibiotics that are safe in pregnancy and can be used. Her doctor would be able to make the right choice.

She additionally needs vitamin D and calcium supplementation. Preparations like Corallium D3 tablet once daily can be used.

Let me know if I could help further.