What Causes Green Stools?
Avoid fat rich foods.
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:
1. Fat rich diet will increase release of bile pigments and if it moves rapidly, your stool will be green. It occurs during period of stress or infections.
2. Rarely diet rich in green leafy vegetables can cause green color stools, if malabsorption ensues or due to not chewing properly.
3. If you have any other symptoms like abdominal pain or diarrhea, other diseases like infections or inflammatory conditions can be thought of.
4. None of your medications can cause this color.
If it continues, I would advise you to:
1. Avoid fat rich food.
2. Chew food properly
3. Take probiotics - pharmaceutical or even yoghurt should be good.
If any abdominal pain or diarrhea starts, you will require a stool examination to identify the cause.
At present, nothing to worry. Continue with regular diet. You can avoid fatty food for a two to three days. It should help.
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM