What causes geographic tongue?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Mon, 24 Oct 2016 in General Health
Question: Hello Again. So I wanted to let you know that I have most of my tongue issues behind me (So Far). I think the ent and the oral surgeon said its not ulcers but Geographic tongue. It comes and goes once every 2 weeks. Its a little anoying because it does bother me but I am getting better mentally. My question today is, So I noticed this pimple like thing show up on the floor of my mouth 8 days ago and it has not gone away. It has not grown or gotten worse either. It's extremely small and literally looks like a small pimple. It does not hurt at all. I will attach some pictures. Any idea what this could be and should I be? I saw a ENT 2 weeks ago and it was not there. He did a thorough inspection and told me there is nothing to worry about. Then a few days later this pimple like thing pops up in my mouth. It does not bother me except my stress again.
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems like a Canker sore, nothing serious again..

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have seen the images attached and also read your question in detail..

As per your query the small pimple like eruption under the tongue is appearing to be a Canker sore and nothing serious..

So once again you need not to worry as it is nothing serious and you need not to take any stress..

As it is not painful as well as not growing, you can leave it as it is as it is self resolving..

However you can do warm saline gargle and also do antiseptic mouthwash gargle..
Take a Vitamin B complex tablet for a week..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 20 minutes later
Thank you, I was hoping you would say that. Id did have some canker sores on the front of my gums at the same time but those went away. This one just decided to stay I guess
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No worries..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome back..

No need to worry as it will also go away soon..

Regards.