What causes fullness after first meal and stomach distension with chronic constipation?
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
You have dyspeptic symptoms.
You have completed treatment for SIBO.
Feel full after the first meal, delayed emptying of stomach with a normal pylorus ( exit of the stomach) point towards gastroparesis only. It can be confirmed with a gastric emptying scan.
You may get relief with prokinetic medications like Reglan, Itopride etc.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Answer given below
Gastroparesis cannot be diagnosed by looking at how much tummy is distended.
As I said earlier, a gastric emptying scan should be done to confirm the diagnosis.
Looking at the picture, it does not look very much distended.
As suggested earlier, you can take prokinetics for relief.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Toddler chronic constipation causes
- What causes untreatable chronic constipation
- What is the diet for piles and chronic constipation
- Suggest treatment for chronic constipation caused after a caesarean section
- A boy has chronic constipation what could be wrong
- Chronic constipation causes
- Can digoxin cause chronic constipation
- Can chronic constipation cause vaginal dryness
- Hidden causes of chronic constipation
- What causes chronic constipation and how is it treated