question-icon

What causes frequent urination and painful urination?

Posted on Tue, 4 Nov 2014
Question: recent urinary problems. noticed strong odor with frequent urination, burning we ilex urinating. today , it got worse, notice fecal matter in urine.

have doctor appointment next Friday but thinking of going to local urgent care tomorrow.

any advice?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (16 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Go to urgent care tomorrow!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these urinary symptoms. Please, these symptoms are suggestive of a urinary tract infection. You would need antibiotics for treatment and this can only be gotten through your prescribing physician. Please, go to urgent care tomorrow and get this addressed. It cannot and should not wait for another 7days. Should this happens, you run the risk of developing related complications.

Foe now, drink much water to help increase urine production that aids in cleansings the urinary system.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Dr. Ivo Ditah