What causes frequent urination and headache?
Asymptomatic UTI ??
Hi Ms XXXXXXX
Welcome to health care magic.
I understand your concern regarding urinary frequency and the unnecessary nuisance, it can cause.
Classic UTI presents with frequent and urgent urination.
Diabetes is also one of the most common causes of urinary frequency, but that has been ruled out in your case.
Other causes of urinary frequency include:
1. Alcohol use
5. Vaginal infection
There could be UTI without burning pain or fever which is termed as asymptomatic UTI and this can be diagnosed only by urinalysis and urine culture.
I suggest you undergo a culture sensitivity for your urine sample to rule out UTI.
You can get a prescription for appropriate antibiotics based on the test results.
Over the counter painkillers can be taken for the headache and hip pain for today.
If it does not reduce, you need to get examined by a GP to rule out the common causes.
Few tips to be followed to reduce the frequency of urination:
1. Avoid drinking too much fluid, 3-4 liters per day is the recommended intake.
2. Reduce the amount of coffee, other caffeinated beverages, and alcohol you drink.
3. Keep the genital area clean and dry.
I hope I have helped you with this answer.
Please let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the underlying causes for frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination at bedtime
- What is the cause of weakness and frequent urination
- What is the cause for headaches and frequent urination
- What poison causes frequent urination
- What are the causes of frequent urination at night
- What is the cause and treatment for frequent urination
- What are these symptoms of frequent urination and headache
- What could be the cause of frequent urination
- What are the causes for frequent urination in children