What causes frequent urination after using krill oil?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I ran out of OMEGA 3 and used krill oil, I am experiencing a big time urgency to urinate ever hour or so,. will not us krill oil any mo.re unless I can get some relief and further evaluate. I will visit urologist if possible. I have asked this question before and was told it was received and doctor was reviewing.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs ultrasound KUB and urologist review

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.

First of all, it is sad to know what you had gone through. Based on the history you have shared, it seems less likely to be caused by krill oil as it's lipid soluble and doesn't usually excreted in large amount ls through urine but other pathology like urinary tract infection or benign prostatic hypertrophy needs to be ruled out.

To start with urinalysis and ultrasound KUB woth prostate is a must. Also get blood sugar levels checked and stop using the suspected offending agent. Citrosoda XXXXXXX can be used Meanwhile if burning is experienced. Consult a urologist if problem persists.

Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana