What causes frequent dizziness and fainting?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: i almost passed out on mon. and have been dizy off and on
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs EKG and other blood and neurological workup

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all, it is sad to know what you had gone through.

Based on the history you have shared, passing out isn't a symptom which can be ignored. An detailed probe into the matter needs to be started. To start with you need to have EKG and BP monitoring to rule out over treatment of blood pressures, and holter monitoring if cardiac cause is suspected.

In abscene of any fit, fever or neurological deficit, neurological cause is less likely but detailed history alongwith detailed examination by your GP may help.

Also get the blood screens for electroytes,sugars and thyroid should be done too to rule out any biochemical derangement. Wishing you a steady good health.

Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj