What causes flushing in face, ears, recurring sores on tongue and chest pain?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Tue, 24 May 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I recently have had some recent syptoms that have last more than a week....1. Face and ears are flush and feel warm. 2. Reoccuring sores on toungue. 3. Discomfort or palpitations in left side of chest. I have been diagnosed with folic acid deficiency & mitral valve prolapse

Thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
All symptoms associated with your diagnosis sir, nothing else to worry abou

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Let me explain each aspect of your query separately:

1. Face and ears are flushed and feel warm: Is a symptom of folic acid deficiency which results in a circulatory abnormality, which can cause cold extremities or excessive warmth

2. Oral sores are commonly associated with vitamin B12 and folic acid deficiency

3. Discomfort or palpitations are associated with mitral valve prolapse and other such valvular disorders

So most of your symptoms have a clear association and explanation sir. Unfortunately there is nothing more that can cause this or any other explanation to it. I hope you find my response helpful sir, but there is nothing to worry about. With correction of your folic acid deficiency most of your symptoms shall subside.

As for the mitral valve prolapse, many people around the world live with MVP and as long as they live a healthy lifestyle and keep their blood pressure under control, they also live a perfectly normal asymptomatic life.

Best wishes.