• question-icon

What causes floaters in the eye?

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Recently since last 15 days I am noticing 1 small black eye dot in front of my right eye in brightness which suddenly moves and disappear but again comes in front of my eye.
Through internet I came to know it is something called eye floating and there is no way to recover from it.
I shown to eyeQ clinic in XXXXXXX and they test it after diluting the eye & said its normal and they have given me two eye drops to put in eye.I am already taking it since last 15 days but There is no improvement.
Please suggest further
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Floaters are nothing to worry.

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.

These are vitreous floaters and are no cause of worry. We usually do not treat them unless too bothersome.We advice our patients to ignore them.
If it bothers you too much then vitamin C 500 mg once a day for 6 weeks is advisable and drops do not reach that area.
If any difficulty in vision, glasses can be used.

Do get back to me in case of any further query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 27 minutes later
Thanks for your response Sir.

I heard this never get treated and people used to practice this dot throughout his/her Life but the difference is it will be a part of their routine.

Doctor whom I have shown given me eye drops for Dryness although I do not feel any dryness but he tested it so I am assuming he may right.

Eye Drop name is LOC Tear (3 times a day) and olovue-od Eye Drops(1 time while going to sleep).

Also suggested glasses of -0.5.

Shall I continue with these drops?

Also,Is there any food which is good source of Vitamin C?I will prefer food/Fruits rather than tablet.

Before your response I checked with another doctor and She were suggesting Vitamin A.

Please confirm if Vitamin C should be taken or Vitamin A or both.

Also,In case of no fruits,Please suggest some good tablet for me.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vit C is useful

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Good of you to get back to me.
Vit A is needed for vision and if you take vit.A be careful about dosage as it is a fat soluble vitamin and vets retained in the body.
Vit C permeates to the vitreous area and lekin 500 mg tablet is available in the market.
Take a good balanced diet and citreous fruits are rich in vit C
These drops you can use and glasses if you feel some difficulty in vision for distance,will be useful.
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 41 minutes later
Thanks for your immediate response Sir.

So shall I don't take Vitamin A dosage?

Also,Shall I take Lekin 500MG tablet?Does it have any side effect?Also,Do i need to consume it in morning with water?

XXXX

Also,I am not able to find this medicine name LEKIN 500MG on internet online medicines portal..Please suggest full name of medicine.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Floaters

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Good of you to get back to me.
Vit C is celin 500 mg available in the market.Vit A is not needed for you.You can take it with breakfast.
Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist