What causes fever while having recurrent herpes infection?

Dr. Rovena Murati

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Is it normal to feel like i have a fever with a second outbreak of herpes? I just dont feel right in general. Is this because of the genital herpes?
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes ,it might be due to herpes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!
I read carefully your query and understand your concern.

Recurrent episodes of herpes infection erupt when viral replication is stimulated and virus returns via axons to the genital region to cause a clinical or subclinical recurrence.

Recurrent attacks of genital herpes tend to be less severe, generally more localized, rarely associated with systemic symptoms but it is possible to have fever and feeling unwell when you have a recurrent attack.

The opposite is also true,I mean that an infection,fatigue,stress ,anxiety can cause herpes outbreak.
It is important to know if you have other symptoms like high fever,frequent urination,cough , abdominal pain etc .
If your symptoms (fever,fatigue,feeling unwell) are getting worse ,you should consult a physician and get examined to exclude other possible causes apart from genital herpes.

Hope it was of help.
Let me know if you have any additional question or doubt to clarify.I will be happy to assist you further.

Regards!
Dr.Rovena Murati