question-icon

What causes fever, vomiting and headache in a teenager during menstruation?

Posted on Wed, 23 Mar 2016
Question: My 14 year old granddaughter has vomited twice this morning. She just had her period. Temp is 97.7. Also, has a headache. No other symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (28 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Rest, drink enough fluids and observe only for now!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about what your grand daughter is experiencing. There is no immediate red flags that warrants medical intervention. This is probably related to her periods and all I recommend now is rest, drinking enough fluids and monitor to report any further episodes. This should normally resolve spontaneously. For headaches, rest, calm environment and Tylenol will help resolve this.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Dr. Ivo Ditah