What causes fever, cough and body pain while on Saridon and Combiflam?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Tue, 17 Oct 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I have been having a feverish feeling for the last 3 days and it is starting to increase more. Cough seems to have accumulated since the last 3 days and my nose is getting blocked. Body pain has also started growing. Have had saridon and combiflam only yesterday ( morning and night) but does not look like it has helped. Need some advise on medication that i can use to cure myself.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Viral fever

Detailed Answer:

Based on your symptoms I suspect you to have viral cold. You can take Dolocold tablets twice daily for the same.combiflam may not help much.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Is there any antibiotic that i would need to take as well that will help me in recovering. I work in a voice process and dont have any leaves available except for weekends.Is there any alternative for dolo cold if it is not available?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 days later
Brief Answer:
No need for antibiotic

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Since it is a viral infection it will take its course. It may persist for a week or 10 days needing no antibiotics.

Symptomatic treatment is better approach.

If not Dolocold you can take COLDACT or SUMOCOLD twice daily.

Hope, I answered your query.