What causes fever, cold and sneezing during breast feeding?
My Wife(Age:28 Yrs) is suffering from fever;cold;sneezing;mucus and little throat pain,burning eyes from last 5 days, till now she took general medicine from Medical Shop.3 Paracetamol Combination tablets + 2 Anti-Biotic Tablets used for 2 days.
Currently she is giving Brest feeding to my 12 months old kid. Because for her brest feeding my kid also suffering with mucus.
I want to expert physician suggestion for best medicine.
Best Regards XXXXXXX
Respiratory symptoms likely to be due to viral inf
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Mr XXXXXXX
Keeping the lactation status of your wife , I would advise you the following which will definitely be helpful
1. Steam Inhalation: 15 to 20 minutes each session preferably using electronic steamer
2. Warm Saline Gargling: To a glass of lukewarm water add 2 spoons of salt, gargle thrice a day
3. Decoction: to a cup of milk+ 10 tulsi leaves+ 1 spoon turmeric+ 2 gm frsh ginger+ 2 black pepper+ 2 spoon of sugar. Boil it, filter it and let her consume it hot thrice a day
4. Betadaine Mouth gargles: Gargle the throat with it thrice a day. Alternate it with warm saline gargling
5. Anti-tussive decongestatnt: Syrup Ascoril D 7 ml thrice a day
6. Anti-histaminic: Tablet Cetrizine 10 mg twice a day for 3 days
7. Himalaya Koflet lozenges for chewing 5 to 6 times a day.
Do not worry majority of respiratory infection are viral in origin. Symptomatic treatment is all that is required.
Do keep me updated about progress
Dr T Shobha Deepak
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fever and cold feet causes
- Cold and fever on clavam will extra dose cause problems
- Fever and cold during ovulation pregnant
- Cold touching causes sneeze
- Will hay fever cause cold sores
- Treatment for frequent sneezing running nose cold and fever
- Can breast reduction cause cold mild fever
- What causes increase in tc 39800 after fever and cold
- Can cold and snow cause fever in toddlers
- Cold, light fever causes