What causes feeling of fluid filled in brain?
Vasculitis is suspected.
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.
Feeling of fluid in brain warrants an examination of the head and neck region.
Imaging studies especially CT scan will help.
However, before getting a CT scan done, you need to consult your primary healthcare provider.
A clinical assessment is required at first hand.
If any abnormal sign is found you may be referred to a neurologist.
Feeling prominent veins on both right and left side of the head can be due to dilated and thickened veins.
Veins can become prominent in diseases of veins like vasculitis.
Giant cell arteritis is the commonest vasculitis which leads to prominent, throbbing, pulsating veins on either side of forehead.
A clinical examination is required.
Along with clinical examination, ESR needs to be done.
ESR is invariably raised in cases of giant cell arteritis.
It may be possible that both the symptoms i.e. huge veins on either side of forehead as well as strange feeling in the head are due to common disease process.
Thus, consultation with your primary healthcare provider is necessary followed by
relevant investigations and then management.
If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes abnormal brain activity
- Causes of brain squeezing feeling
- What diseases cause brain lesions
- What causes brain aneurysm
- What causes feeling like having brain shocks
- What are the causes of fluid type popping in brain
- What causes brain stem strokes
- What causes a brain frenula
- What is the cause of brain fever
- Brain lesions what causes them