• question-icon

What causes fatigue and indigestion while on Wellbutrin?

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I have been feeling weak and can barely walk or do anything without being exhausted. This is been happening for days. I also have indigestion occasional heart burn and I'm constantly burping as if I have air in my stomach. When I wake up in the morning I have no energy and I feel dizzy when I walk. I went to urgent care and they gave me anxiety medication which it helps calm me down a bit but the symptoms come back as soon as it wears off. My heart beats are sometimes funny it's almost like it's an empty heart beat. I'm talking Wellbutrin but it's been over a year I doubt it's from its side. effects. I also feel that my body is warmer than usual at night when I rest. I got an answer no too long ago but it only addressed anxiety and didn't clarify anything about the indigestion and constant burping it's non stop. the only thing I changes recently is I started the birth control pill. please help
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

There are two ways you should proceed to address this problem. First is to get a physical exam from a physician to explore the possibility of acid reflux, which can be treated with a PPI such as Nexium. Second, the anxiety should be treated with an SSRI medication such as Lexapro or Zoloft. These two solutions will help you.

Dr Sheppe
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist