What causes falling crust from skin while treating chicken pox?
Scabs will fall off on their own; wait until they are completely dried
Thank you for posting your query in Healthcaremagic.com.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern.
Let me answer your queries one by one.
1. You need not do anything to remove the scabs. They will dry up completely on their own and fall off eventually. Dont manipulate or you might end up with scars. Also, there is one old recommendation of mixing small amount of potassium permanganate solution in water while bathing. This helps to relieve itching and promote drying of the scabs. Though it is not much used now a days, but it has been quite effective.
2. I would suggest to take your baby only after all the lesions have dried up completely. Small children are more prone to infection, so some extra protection should be taken.
3. The disease is generally not contagious when the lesions are dried. So, if all the lesions are dried up, then most probably, you do not have active infection at present.
4. The spots generally fade away eventually. In rare cases, It might need application of ointments. But at present, you need not do anything.
Hope I have answered your question.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
You can take your baby if your lesions are dried up
If your lesions have dried up completely, then you can take your baby. But if not, it is better to wait. As I cannot clinically examine you, so you will have to decide it yourself.
Turmeric and mustard oil are ayurvedic remedies for chicken pox scabs and scars. It is not my area of expertise, hence I wont be able to comment. However, there is no harm to apply those.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chicken pox caused by chlorine
- Dark spots caused by chicken pox
- Chicken pox infection causes
- Can chicken pox cause shingles
- What to apply when having dark spots caused by chicken pox
- Is rashes caused due to chicken pox
- What to apply to remove black spots caused by chicken pox
- Is ampiclox good for treating chicken pox
- Chicken pox causes
- What to eat while having chicken pox
- Suggest treatment for bloating and flatulence
- What causes sudden increase in BP readings with history of heart attack?
- Does over dosage of Piopar cause leg lymphodoema?
- Suggest treatment for palpitations and anxiety related issues
- Is mineville patch helpful in dealing with breast tumor?
- What causes tremendous weight loss after taking Obimet Sr?
- What causes constant retrosternal chest pain lasting for few minutes?
- Does unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy?
- Does pain in the my left rib cage indicate rib fracture?
- How long do symptoms of prostatitis last?