What causes extreme headaches behind the ear?

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have an extreme headache on right side behind my earlobes, which starts from edge of my right eye travels all through the skull behind my earlobes till the end of my neck. Earlier I used to feel it during the stressful times which disppeared when the stress hours were over but from last Friday the pain has sustained and is constantly there. I can feel the severity when i move my head either ways.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be stress headache.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

The description of headache which you have mentioned, is likely to be stress headache only. Its mostly because of excessive thinking,mental stress, talking a lot on phone, exposure to sound/TV for long time, or being in sunlight in for long times. These all things actually brings scalp muscles into stress, which leads to stress headache.So, it is not typically due to just tension.

Tryptomer is the medicine of choice for the same.

Hope you understood the cause somewhat.If you have further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)