What causes elevated liver enzymes and positive ANA test?
Increased liver enzymes are not always due to alcohol intake.
Increased liver enzymes are not always due to alcohol intake.It may be due to many reasons like hepatitis,alcohol intake,altered lipid profile,medicines,auto immune causes etc.
Positive ANA may indicate autoimmune cause in your case.
You may need clinical evaluation and few more investigations like routine hemogram,random blood sugar,lipid profile,viral markers,urine RE/ME,ultrasound of abdomen.
I suggest tablet ursodeoxycholic acid 300 mg twice daily for three months to my patients.It helps in regeneration of liver cells.
Further requirement of medicines depend upon findings.
Alcohol is not related to anti nuclear antibodies(ANA).
Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Formaldehyde cause elevated liver enzymes
- Dilaudid causing elevated liver enzymes
- What causes elevated liver enzymes and enlarged spleen
- Mrsa cause elevated liver enzymes
- What causes elevated liver enzymes and positive cmv
- Ultram causing elevated liver enzymes
- Migraines cause elevated liver enzymes
- Elevated ana with elevated liver enzymes
- Elevated liver enzymes causes
- Leukoplakia causes elevated liver enzymes
- Been sick. Started with fatigue and blurred vision. Have diarrhea and...
- How to get rid of constipation?
- Intense pains in legs and have a meniscus injury. Having lower body...
- Alcoholic and type two diabetic. What does the blood result indicate?
- Smell in urine. Epididymitis attack with pain at the base of penis....
- Experiencing pain in lower left abdomen. Painful to push and frequent...
- Noticed spotting after sex. Is this sign of pregnancy?
- Seem to be having gallbladder attack. Undergone gall bladder removal....
- Tightness in the testicles and pain in tip of the penis. Underlying cause?
- Taking statin. Found a small benign liver cyst in CT scan. Are they...