What causes elevated TSH level even after thyroidectomy?
Your TSH of 60 most likely indicates that you need thyroid medication to replace the missing hormone. After thyroidectomy, you no longer have thyroid hormone in your body. It is an important hormone that is necessary for survival.
People who have a total-thyroidectomy should be on thyroid medication for the entire life after surgery.
Getting the dose right is also very important.
You will be best served by seeing an Endocrinologist in person, who will examine you and make a long term plan for treatment with thyroid medication (levo thyroxine)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes elevated tsh level during pregnancy
- What causes high tsh levels precautions
- High tsh level causes
- High tsh levels after thyroidectomy
- What causes high tsh level
- What causes fluctuation in tsh levels
- What causes high tsh level of 130
- What causes high tsh levels in body
- Tsh levels after total thyroidectomy
- Low tsh levels causes