What causes electrical shock sensation in body, and burning feeling in throat?
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
The condition that you are having is basically panic attacks. This is a disorder of anxiety and occurs cause of imbalance of certainneurotransmitters in the brain. especially serotonin, nor adrenaline, and dopamine to some extent. Medicines are the best options to take care of these symptoms. Paroxetine is the the most popular medicine and my drug of choice. I generally prescribe my patients 12.5 mg per day at night which takes care of anxiety symptoms. Also certain medicines like propranolol andclonazepam can be give as required when there is a panic episode or expected situation where panic attack can appear.
Now you may try doing regular aerobic exercise which can reduce the panic attacks. Yoga and meditation have also helped some. You may also visit a website called Mood Gym which will do a free computer based cognitive behavioural therapy which can also help you.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of electric shock sensations
- What causes shocks in body
- What causes sudden electric shock feeling in the right temple
- What causes an electric shock feeling through my left arm
- What causes electric shock like feeling in my chest
- Electric shock sensations in body
- Burning sensation eyelid cause electric shock
- What causes electrical shock feeling in left shoulder
- What are the effects of electrical shock on the body
- Electric shock feeling in armpit painful what is causing it