What causes ear blushing?

Posted on Thu, 16 Jun 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: What causes ears to become bright red
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Many causes, kindly find the answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query.
There are many causes I'll mention few common ones. Reaction to Emotions Can Cause it like during the times of nervous or panic attacks or episodes of stress, anxiety.
Exposure to Environment -- long exposure to sunlight light, Similarly, exposure to extreme cold or snow, when ears are not covered.
Thyroid problems, during menopause, many women experience hot flushes in the body and red, hot ears may also be noted.
Certain medication can cause it.
Red Ear Syndrome -- It is a rare condition, in which there are episodes of redness of ears, with burning sensation and sometimes pain.

Hope this helps.
I'll be glad to help you with your further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Harish Naik