What causes dyspnea, chest pain and dizziness with a history a-fib?

Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol

Cardiologist, Interventional

Posted on Thu, 21 Jul 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: the whole med establishment tells me I am healthy, all testd are neg.why do I get short of breath ,chestpains and dizziness to the point of passing out. i came down with a-fib after a pacer was installed last sept. for a low heart rate.
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A-Fib it self can cause these

Detailed Answer:
Hi..

If you have pacemaker and A Fib it itself can explain your symptoms. Your effort tolerance is not same as normal when you have pacemaker and A Fib. You will have some excercis intolerance. But if it's too much, you should have medicines for AF. Chest pain again may be discomfort due to fast rate..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 15 hours later
I respect your answer as no one here in NC ahs even suggested the a-fib and pacer were involved , but this has been going on since 09-16 when the pacer was installed. No one believes my early Parkinson is involved. Slowly the have put me on 4 drugs that I am not sure they help and might even be hindering. The drug are as follows" Bumetanide-Digoxin-Sertralene- Metoprolol- Eliquis. I also take

How do I approach the med field and find out how this negative symptoms is not just a coincidence of the pace maker and a-fib. Since the installation in Sept 2015 the a-fib, chest pains ,short breath and edema all started almost immediately. Slowly but surely they started to try meds. I am now on; Eliquis- Bumetanide- Digoxin- Metoprolol as well as the two meds for Parkinson, Pramipexole- carbidopa/ levodopa.. the chest pains and dizziness continue. Your info will be greatly appreciated

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
You seems to be using appropriate medicines but you maybe suffering side effects

Detailed Answer:
It looks like you are on appropriate medicines however, also you maybe suffering from fatigue and acid peptic disease as side effect of your medicines. Please have review with your cardiologist, they will be able to see if there is any scope for medicine modification. Also, you need to check your electrolytes and pacemaker interrogation
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina