What causes dull pain under the breast?

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: What can a dull pain under my breast bone be?

I also sometimes feel like i have heartburn
Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
GERD

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting the question.
I have gone through your medical history in detail.

The dull pain under the breast pain is invariably due to acidity or gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD).

The heart burn that you have been experiencing on / off is due to the same reason.

You should take antacids with pro biotics like omeprazole / pantoprazole with domperidone for soothing effect on the gastric mucosa.

Avoid spicy / junk food.

You should finish off your dinner atleast 3 hours before you go to bed .
This will help proper digestion of the food.

A 40 minutes brisk walking early morning will help .

If these measures do not help,you can consult a gastroenterologist and get a endoscopy done to rule out peptic / duodenal ulcer.

Cardiac related pain can be ruled out by getting a Electrocardiogram done.

I hope the answer was useful.

Feel free to ask me any follow up queries that you may have.

Thank you.
Kind regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Mahaveer Patil 9 hours later
Thank you can it also make me feel like I have a lump in my throat? I have been to an ENT and he said my throat is red BUT see nothing with the scope.
Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
seems to be unrelated

Detailed Answer:
I do not think that this can make you feel like having a lump in the throat.

The redness may be due to upper respiratory tract infection or allergic pharyngitis.

Saline water gargles and antibiotics can help.

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D