Could the duodenal ulcers and low value of enzyme maltase be connected?

My 16 month old son has duodenal ulcers (he does not have H. pylori) and has also just been diagnosed as being low in the enzyme maltase (659 U/g tissue when the healthy range is considered to be 1000-2000 U/g). Is there any connection? What does it mean for him to have a low maltase enzyme, how do I care for him with this condition? Our public health system means that I cannot see the specialist who can answer these questions until next year, but as a concerned mother, I would like some advise asap.
Thu, 5 Sep 2019