Suggest treatment for duodenal ulcer
i have no addictions. No alcohol or substance or cigarettes. I wanted a gastroenterologist to tell me what is wrong with me. I didn't see an ID doctor on there and I think this is an advanced case of Chronic Lyme. Could it be that? What should I do about it
Great news, you have the only case
where it is proven you do not have LYME.
Lyme disease is due to an organism that produces a particular type of scarring. It attacks nerves and joints.
It is sensitive to a lot of antibiotics. They work. the organism goes away. But, one cannot say that with 100% certainty most of the time because we cannot directly go into the nerve or joint and do a biopsy and see:
1) no organism
2) none of the damage that the organism does is there
3) that there is another cause that is NOT lyme
4) that the area healed up.
However, in duodenal ulcer, which is NOT a lyme syndrome, biopsies are done. The organism is not going to be there. If there were lyme caused pathology, called granulomas, then that would have been not only noted but be treated. People don't get nerve and joint ulcers. Lyme doesn't do ulcers.
More to the point is the pain. Ok, lidocaine and mYLANta do not stay around nor do they fix an ulcer. The pain relief you would expect from it would be brief. They do not accumulate, they don't even get through the gut. They can be taken every 20 minutes. Acid blockers such as proton pump inhibitors actually get rid of acid and help healing. they are not immediate but they work fairly fast. So, getting them and a locally soothing intervention like antacid, or lidocaine or icy drinks are going to help. the locally acting drugs fast, but the ulcer healers will help in the long run. Karafuto is a bit of both. It is tricky because it really gums things up and can prevent other drugs from being able to be absorbed if taken at the same time.
But it isn't lyme.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Whey protein duodenal ulcer
- Pan 40 and duodenal ulcer
- Duodenal ulcer waiting for treatment
- Duodenal ulcer stomach swollen
- Is zantac 75 used in the treatment of duodenal ulcer prophylaxis?
- Is zegerid used in the treatment of duodenal ulcer?
- Duodenal ulcer treatment
- Peptic ulcer duodenal ulcer
- Treatment and cure for duodenal ulcer
- Duodenal ulcer symptoms and treatment
- Is there any interaction between Morphine and Gabapentin?
- Can the presence of Oxycontin be detected in urine?
- Can Oxycodone be taken for wrist and back pain?
- What causes spitting of black mucus?
- How can Meth be flushed out of the system?
- Would Adderall show up in a urine test?
- What is the differece between Oxycontin and Oxycodone?
- What causes pain after knee replacement surgery?
- How long can i take Xanax for anxiety?
- Are Omega 3 supplements effective in helping muscle recovery after a...