What causes dull in pain forehead and dizziness while on Xarelto?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Cancer
Question: I am curious if Xerelto might be the source of a problem I experience. Since beginning usage several months ago, I sense a dull low level pain in forehead with associated dizziness.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello sir. yes, it may cause such effects

Detailed Answer:
hello sir. greetings. Xarelto or otherwise known as rivaroxaban can cause mild to moderate headache with a feeling of dizziness.
However it should not persist for long.
I would like to know for which condition it has been prescribed to you ?
Please share your details with me
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 13 minutes later
I had a heart attack 7 years ago. When Xerelto came on market and my insurance finally covered it about a year ago, my cardiologist wanted me to take it to prevent any future stroke potential.

I was on aspirin during the 7 years.

So a year ago I started Xerelto therapy.

Since then, back in August , I had a stent drug enduced stent placed in an artery that had 90% blockage and the cardiologist placed me on an additional drug named Brilinta.

So all arteries are 100% open, I am historically very active , was in a martial arts program etc. but blood thinners made me back off.

My head has a dull feeling in front and slight but bothersome dizziness . Not when sitting but when up moving around.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Here are some suggestions

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir. Please note down some suggestions
1. if you have started feeling headache and dizziness recently and it is of mild intensity, then wait n watch is the policy . It will go off on its own
2. If it is persisting for a long, i would advice a change to some other anticoagulant drug.

i use this drug in my patient of thrombosis of veins and they also report this. But it goes in a few week.
Please discuss with your physician.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj