What causes dry flaky spot on penis post intercourse?

Dr. Shahid Hassan

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i had a spot the size of a pencil eraser on my penis like a week after intercourse with my girlfriend. It stayed that way for about 3 months. I didn't put anything on it and didn't have intercourse since then in the last month I have been trying to XXXXXXX
creams for jock itch and it seemed to spread and get bigger. It started to like dry now sometimes and get a flake of dead skin over it that just falls off. the spot is red in color and flat. but now there's 3.
Answered by Dr. Shahid Hassan 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Psoriasis

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HealthcareMagic,

I have gone through your question and also the clinical image you uploaded.

It looks like psoriasis. It is an autoimmune disease which appears as raised, red, scaly patches. Psoriasis lesions are not infectious or contagious.Immune system and genetics play a role in its occurrence.

Although it is not a common site. Clinical picture and history of shedding of flake of dead skin is in favor of this.

Other differential can be Lichen planus.

Dermatopathological examination is needed to confirm the diagnosis. I will recommend you visiting a dermatologist. If deemed necessary dermatopathological test should be planned.

Hope this will help you.
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad