• question-icon

What causes dry eyes and dark circles under the eyes?

Posted on Fri, 14 Jul 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: My eyes are dry and have dark circles under my eyes
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Dry eye drops and multivitamins

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.

Your approach is correct, dry eye drops are the answer but they have to be continued. Drops like Refresh Tears or Tears Naturaleza are to be put in 3 to 4 times daily.

For dark circles, proper diet, exercise, and rest are important. Well, balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables is helpful.

Exercises according to your capabilities and do I include yoga and meditation in your regimen also.

Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist