What causes dry and itchy skin in genital area?

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Ayurveda
Question: Skin Problem:
Skin just above penis area and below stomach has become so dry and it itches a lot, and when shaving hair from there, also the layer of skin gets out.
What to do ?
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
could be possible Candidiasis (but need some details)

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and I need some details from your side for better understanding of the problem.

1. Candidiasis is one such fungus which can grow in moist areas and over the mucous membrane: mouth - uncircumcised penis, inner spaces of finger,skin fold of breasts- stomach (present in your case)

2. Have you been examined by a doctor for the affected areas or gone for any skin sample under microscope or culture?

3. It will be good if you can provide me with the snapshot of the affected areas.

4. Do let me know about following contributory factors:
. Hot & humid weather?
. Use of tight undergarment?
. Personnel hygiene?
. Any particular disease of weak Immunity (getting frequent cold, abnormal blood sugar,use of steroids?
. Any prolonged use of antibiotics and please mention your weight (overweight or not)

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant and Physician
Naimittika

Pregnancy, obesity, or use of antibiotic
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak