What causes drooping of one side of the face?

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in General Health
Question: My husband came home and said he could not whistle...when I looked up at him I noticed one side of his face looked droopy....he also said he hadnt been able to blink one eye . He noticed this several hours ago.he said other then that he feels perfectly fine....any thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please take him in to be seen right now.

Detailed Answer:

Please take your husband in to the ER immediately. While it could be Bell's palsy, it can also be a stroke.

I would be happy to answer further questions after he is evaluated, but I don't want to delay your taking him in as the sooner he is evaluated, the better.