What causes dizzy spells along with tingling sensation in tongue?
Could be postural hypotension with neuropathy.
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:
1. Need to know more about the dizzy spells. Do the dizzy spells occur, more during change of posture, like from sitting to standing or lying down to sitting. As age changes the blood pressure changes will take time to adjust. This is called as postural hypotension. Slow changes in posture and slow head movements should reduce these dizzy spells.
2. If its not related to posture, need to look into aspect of hydration. Atleast 5-6 liters of water per day is necessary. Dehydration, needs to be corrected.
3. Feeling of tingling sensation and numbness suggests possibility of neuropathy. Vitamin B-complex supplements should help in correction.
4. At present, I am not thinking of transient ischemic attack, as there is no weakness, paralysis, slurred speech etc. If the numbness is on one side only - if hand and leg, only one side, evaluation will be necessary for transient ischemic attack. If this is present, neurologist opinion will be needed.
5. Blood pressure is only mildly elevated. Due to these episodes, mild elevation can occur and not be worried about. If it crosses, 170/100 or falls below 90/60, then worrisome.
At present, improve hydration and nutrition with B-complex supplements.
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, here to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling sensation over spleen area
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- What could be the cause for tingling sensation inside ears
- What causes mild tingling sensation in urethra
- What causes pain and tingling sensation in hands
- Tingling sensation in arm finger what could be the cause
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms
- Getting tingling sensation in foot what is causing this