What causes dizziness while standing up when diagnosed with GERD and anxiety?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 11 Jan 2019 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: What causes dizziness
It seems like when i stand up i get a little lightheaded
Wobble and when im working i get a little dizzy
I dont no if im not eating enough are my blood pressure is droping are my sugar
Diabetes runs on both sides of my family
I think its cardiac related i have gerd and anxirtey
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:

Your symptoms of light headedness could be due to low blood pressure, low blood sugar levels, inadequate nutrition or anemia.

I would like to suggest you to monitor your blood pressure as well as blood sugars during the time of your symptoms.

Also get a few tests done:
1. Complete Blood Count
2. HbA1c
3. Serum electrolytes
4. ECG

If you have a strong family history of diabetes as you have mentioned then altering sugar levels can be an important cause in your case.

No, it doesn't seem like a cardiac issue.
Try practicing Yoga/meditation to combat your anxiety and stress.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Dr. Bhanu Partap
Cardiologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng