question-icon

What causes dizziness and headache after an injury on the forehead?

Posted on Thu, 21 Jul 2016
Question: I hit or bumped my forehead and nose against a glass door in Kroger and I ve been feeling dizzy, headache,. It was hard . what are some things I can do today at home before decide to see a doctor?
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert (36 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Home rest and tylenol

Detailed Answer:
THank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

I am sorry to hear that you hit your head while at the grocery store. The type of trauma does not sound significant enough to be classified as a concussion as you did not report any loss of consciousness. For the pain I would recommend using tylenol or ibuprofen. I do recommend continued use of ice. If you develop nausea vomiting or have any neurological changes like confusion then I would recommend seeing your doctor immediately.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
Follow up: Dr. Ronald Schubert (4 hours later)
Thank you very much for your kind answer, it is very helpful. I just want to add that I ve been feeling sleepy, but I avoided it.is that normal too in this situation?

Thanks again,

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
sleepiness

Detailed Answer:
The sleepiness is not unusual and not something you need to be concerned about.
Dr. Ronald Schubert