What causes dizziness and difficulty in focusing studies?

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Child Health
Question: My 9 year old son is having head spins and its really playing with his self confordents, he's having issues focusing at school for long periods of time and its scaring him to the point hes in the sick bay every day, we have an appointment to see his Doctor tomorrow.
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Glad he is seeing doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question.
There are many things that can cause dizziness and trouble with concentration. In a nine year old this could be something as simple as a mild dehydration or something as complicated as a neurological disorder.
The issues of focus in school could be related to something like Attention Deficit Disorder or just due to his lack of self confidence.
It is very good that you are taking him to the doctor tomorrow so they can sort this out.
He will need an exam and blood tests. If they cannot sort it out from that he may need to have an image done of his brain.
I wish you the best and am glad he will be seeing a doctor tomorrow
Dr. Robinson