• question-icon

What causes dizziness and constant black outs?

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in Blood Disorders
Question: Hello,
My girlfriend was running on the treadmill and after a few miles got the following symptoms...
1) Dizzy
2) Vision going to almost black
3) Found it hard breath .. it almost sounded like an asthma attack in one of her breaths
I helped her over to a couch and we rested for a few minutes and now she's ok. She said that this happens about every other month. She is not currently on her period. She's on birth control. She's about 28 years old. She has said that it has even happened a few times where she was standing (not exerting) for a long time when she was in high school doing violin practice.
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Different symptomps

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

The fact that those symptomps happens during the activity or when she is standing make us think of some causes for this condition

First of all starting from the ages and the symptoms in my opinion maybe she has some kinde of arrhythmia like supraventricular tachichardia
Some time its difficult to cutch a episode of this arrhythmia on monitor

Other causes for her situation are ..
1-Panic attack
2-Asthma etc

I will suggest you a consult with your doctor

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist