What causes discomfort vaginal discharge and hemorrhagic cyst?
The discharge was irritating my vagina a lot and i felt ( still feel) a burning sensation and itchy.
After 2 days of this i notice that the right bottom side of my labia is swollen and its burning more than my inside.
Is any of this related to each other?
Here is australia i have to see a gereralist before seing a speialist. Is it worth a visit to the doctor ?
Is there any over the counter medication to stop the irritation and swollen?
Can be due to an infection.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The swelling and irritation of the labia is not related to the hemorrhagic cyst. This swelling is likely to be due to chafing or friction rub which occurred after intercourse or the second possibility is of an infection can be caused by bacteria or yeast. I suggest you to follow up with your gynecologist as you need to get a pelvic swab sample done for the cervical discharge to rule out any bacterial or fungal infection. Apply cold compresses and wear cotton undergarments. Oral anti inflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful but they should be taken after a prescription from your doctor. Till that time, follow these simple lifestyle measures:
1) Avoid rough intercourse/ masturbation and use a water based lubricant during intercourse.
2) Wear cotton underwear and avoid douching or using feminine products.
3) Avoid using perfumed soaps and sanitary napkins, bubble baths and toiletries.
4) Change the undergarment daily, wash it in hot water and double rinse (to remove any irritating detergent) and take adequate nutrition and sleep.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
And if it is fungal or bacterial would a GP be able to diagnose it or would i have to go to a specialist?
The symptoms started internally in my vagina and i hadnt had any intercourse prior, due to the recomendation of the doctor about the cyst
I dont douche or use condmos , creams or anything.
What could have caused it in my case, jut to avoid happening again.
GP can prescribe antibiotics.
Thanks for writing again.
Given the details, the cause of this can be infection or allergy. Your physician can at least prescribe you broad spectrum antibiotics and anti allergics. Local application of 1% hydrocortisone and antiseptic gel will also help.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Signs of a hemorrhagic cyst
- Small hemorrhagic cyst
- Can hemorrhagic cyst cause hot flashhed
- Ruptured hemorrhagic cyst causes
- Hemorrhagic cyst ovary
- What cause vaginal discharge
- What is the best way to treat hemorrhagic cysts
- Can hemorrhagic cyst be caused due to an accident
- What is hemorrhagic cyst measurng 3124mm
- Hemorrhagic cyst causes