What causes delayed period after taking Morning after pill?
Question: Hi. I took the morning after pill December 8th, an hour after unprotected sex. I started bleeding 3 days later and it lasted 3 days. I should've gotten my next period by now but other then slight cramping here and there I've had no signs of my next period coming. I've taken 6 at home pregnancy tests all negative and they were all taken 10 days after i took the morning after pill and at different times not all at once. I've also checked my cervix which is low hard and open and I have a thick cervical mucus. Could I be preganant?
Brief Answer: Dalayed period due to morning after pill. wait wee Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It is very usual to get delayed period after taking Morning after pill. In turn stress is one of the factor which also contributes to the delayed period. As you all HPT are negative, nothing to worry about pregnancy. Please wait for a week and recheck the HPT after a week. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
People also viewed
- Brown discharge after taking morning after pills prolonged periods cause
- Take the morning after pill
- Late period after taking morning after pill
- Morning after pill no period
- Morning after pill period
- Morning after pill cause amenorrhea
- Morning after pill cause bleeding
- What causes delayed periods after taking morning after pill
- What are morning after pills
- Light period after takeing the morning after pill
Questions Answered By Dr. Manjeth Kumar G