What causes delayed menstruation, nausea, vomiting and sleeplessness?
Curious here... I haven't got my period now and it's going on 3 weeks i've just had my first baby almost 9 months ago. I vomitted a week ago but that one time only as i felt sick after i had a cigarette prior to that i ate. However the cigarette made me feel funny which i found weird because i've not had any issues after a smoke or two before. I haven't done a pregnancy test as yet i am just seeing how i feel and i have felt tired and slept twice so far..I don't want to confuse it with sleep deprivation because i have to wake up middle of the night some days for my 9mth old. could it be possible? should i test?
Get pregnancy test done
Before I give you any advice, I would like to know few facts:
1. Are you breastfeeding the baby?
2. Did you have any menses after the previous delivery?
3. Are you sexually active?
It is likely that during breastfeeding, there is amenorrhoea (no menses). However, if the breastfeeding is irregular, not exclusive or for more than 6 months, egg release (ovulation) can take place in spite of absence of menses.
If you had menses after the delivery and now you have missed your period for 3 weeks, there are good chances that you are pregnant if you are sexually active. The funny feeling after smoking to which you are used to is suggesting the possibility of pregnancy.
You should get your urine tested for pregnancy. By not performing the test, you are just denying the factual truth. By hiding the rooster, you can not stop the sunrise. If you are pregnant, you are pregnant. You have to have a definitive diagnosis. You have already spoilt your appetite and sleep due to this stress of probable pregnancy. Any uncertainty is always stressful, XXXXXXX So please get urine pregnancy test done and upload the report for my review. It will remove the uncertainty and your stress also.
If you happen to be pregnant and you do not want this pregnancy to continue, there are medicines available which can terminate the pregnancy safely up to 9 weeks.
I hope I have explained you the naked truth. If you want any more information, I am always available for you, XXXXXXX If you are satisfied with the information, you may please post your review so with 5 starts rating for me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes nausea vomiting and frequent urination
- Can hyperparathyroidism cause nausea, vomiting or loss of appetite?
- No bowel movement causing nausea vomiting
- Why hcg causes nausea vomiting
- Nausea vomiting delayed period is this symptoms of pregnancy
- Stomach pain blackout nausea vomiting what is wrong
- Painful clitoris nausea vomiting what is the cause
- Paint fumes causing nausea vomiting
- Can hangovers cause nausea, vomiting or stomach pain?
- Can pancreatitis cause nausea vomiting and abdominal pain