How can stress induced seizures be treated?

Dr. Muthu Krishnan

Posted on Mon, 9 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: So I went to the neurologist yesterday and he went by what all my test results back from when I first started having theses seizures in May. and the eeg and CT scans and everything things else. he said its stress related seizures. but he didn't want to do any other test or a new eeg
Answered by Dr. Muthu Krishnan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It may not necessary to get investigations in this moment.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. I have analyzed your query completely.

So you went to the neurologist already. As you have taken the EEG and CT scan for the first time when you had the seizure, it is not necessary to repeat the investigation unless some other findings were there. Kindly take the drugs prescribed by your doctor regularly.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Muthu Krishnan 31 minutes later
even though the seizures I had in May and Sept are different
Answered by Dr. Muthu Krishnan 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, still, it may not necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

Stress is one of the provoking factor (triggering factor) for seizure. Other provoking factors for seizure include electrolyte imbalance, smoking, alcohol consumption, sleep deprivation, hormonal changes in the body etc.

So, better to avoid stress and other provoking factors.

I hope this explains the answer to your question now. Since you already had seizure episodes earlier, due to stress, later on, the seizure has been provoked. So it is not necessary to repeat the investigations now. Just take the medicines regularly and avoid stress.

Thank you.

Follow up: Dr. Muthu Krishnan 14 minutes later
okay thank you so I don't need seizure medicine
Answered by Dr. Muthu Krishnan 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need the seizure medicine.

Detailed Answer:
Hi madam,
Welcome back,

You need to take your medicines for seizure regularly. But avoid stress. Try to avoid other provoking factors also as already explained.

Thank you.
Kindly give your valuable feedback and rate the answer if you've found our discussion helpful.

Follow up: Dr. Muthu Krishnan 2 hours later
but my neurologist said I didnt need it. because it's pseudoseizures
Answered by Dr. Muthu Krishnan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
It do not require any new investigations.

Detailed Answer:
Yes.It doesnt require any new investigations.Pseudoseizures are provoked by the above said risk factors.So it requires no investigations.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Muthu Krishnan 8 minutes later
so my neurologist was right about not having to take my medication that he thought was helping me bc he thought I was having seizures but I'm having pseudo seizures so I don't have to take medicine seizure meds
Answered by Dr. Muthu Krishnan 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow your neurologist advise.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Kindly follow your neurologist advise.yes,he was correct.
Thank you.
Write me for your queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng