What causes delayed menstruation and negative pregnancy test?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 15 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: Past 6 months my period was for 27 or 28 days. This month it was late by 5 days (33 days). In mid of this month I had intercourse but suddenly realized it was the 14th day, within 10 min i washed off as much as possible. However after few days i found small white and pink kind of secretion from my vagina (as small as a lentil or 2). Since the period was late I was thinking that i was pregnant. But i got it later on, anything to worry? I am feeling confused about what has happened.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mrs. XXXXXXX Hello and welcome to Health Care.Magic Forum. Thanks for trusting is with your health query.I have gone through your query and understand your concerns completely.
It is common to have such delays in period and by chance it coincided with mid cycle intercourse so it confused you.
There is nothing to worry but in case you are bothered then just do a urine pregnancy test which if negative then relax totally.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 2 minutes later
I did a urine pregnancy test and it was negative and i have got periods already. SO sure that I am not pregnant. I just wanted to know why it was late and little vaginal discharge.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
Good to hear this all.
So nothing to worry there is no risk of pregnancy and just relax now.
This off and on changing discharge pattern is very common.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj