What causes decreased urine flow while on Ofloxacin?
Most likely due to Benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH)
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. Your problem can be most likely due to BPH (benign prostate hyperplasia). This is enlargement of prostate according to age. For some males enlargement will be more and cause frequency of urination and recurrent urinary infection due to non complete evacuation of urine from bladder. BPH is a normal condition in elderly males. Only in case of symptoms like frequency of urination or recurrent infection treatment is given.
Taking drugs like alfuzosin (Alfoo) or tamsulosin is helpful to decrease the size of prostate and to improve symptoms. This drug should be taken for long term. Ultrasound examination will be helpful to find out the status and grade of enlargement of prostate. PSA blood test also should be done to confirm it is benign. Urine routine examination and culture should be done to rule out infection as you are having burning sensation while urination. In case of infection antibiotic therapy should be taken.
Taking cranberry juice or barley water is good to imp;rove burning while urination. Yo can also take disodium hydrogen citrate or potassium citrate syrup in water.
Taking B12 is good also.
Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of blood while urinating
- What is the cause for burning and bleeding while urinating
- What causes blood in urine while pregnant
- What causes weak to no urine flow
- What causes weak urine flow
- Causes of less flow of urine
- Causes of decreased urine flow
- What causes hot sensation while passing urine
- What causes slow urine flow and groin tenderness
- What causes less urine flow